The Basics of Broadband
This popular pre-conference session for industry managers, public policy and government decision makers delivers an understanding of the basic concepts of broadband networking technology, economics, and public policy. The session is geared to all levels of technical expertise using straightforward, non-technical language to provide need-to-know knowledge.
Session Learning Objectives
- Gain an understanding of broadband networks and accompanying technologies
- Understand the different broadband options, and their strengths and weaknesses in broadband services over wireline and wireless
- Uncover trends and economic trade-offs in the deployment of the different broadband network options
- Evaluate prospects for competitive deployment of broadband access networks in your community
- Understand and discuss key broadband policies and regulations such as net neutrality, universal service, and the national broadband plan
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday, August 7, 2023
Price increases to $299 on May 16
Broadband 101 Registration closes on July 9