Vice President Infrastructure Sales, Acuity Brands, Inc.
Troy Harms is a 24-year veteran of the lighting industry, with extensive experience in public sector and government projects, primarily in the public infrastructure market. Troy has a vast professional history with specification sales, sales management, project delivery (new construction, energy conservation, rehab, etc.), contracting methodology, and major project management. Street lighting and outdoor infrastructure lighting has been Troy’s primary focus for the past 12 years.
Major project experience:
- City of El Paso, TX (street lighting and controls)
- City of Pueblo, CO (street lighting)
- City of Manchester, NH (street lighting)
- Minnesota DOT (state highway lighting)
- City of New Bedford, MA (street lighting)
- Wyoming DOT (street and tunnel lighting)
- City of Newton, MA (street lighting)
- Caltrans (street lighting)
- City of Tucson, AZ (street lighting and controls)
- City of Glendale, AZ (street lighting controls)
- Texas DOT (highway lighting – roadway and high mast)
- City of Fort Worth, TX (street lighting)
- City of Arlington, TX (street lighting)
- Hawaii DOT (street and tunnel lighting, harbor lighting)
Since joining Acuity in 2003, Troy has been a Director of National Accounts, Director of Infrastructure Sales, Vice President of Infrastructure Vertical Marketing, and Vice President of Infrastructure Sales. Prior to that Troy worked for a major US distributor for nine years, where he was instrumental in helping to develop the Western States Contract Alliance contract program, which is now used in California and many other states throughout the U.S.
Troy is a member of the IESNA, and also participates on the IESNA Street and Area Lighting Committee, Education sub-committee.
Troy attended MWBI in Greeley, CO, where he received his diploma in Biblical Studies. His hobbies are music, travel, art, but mostly spoiling his five grandchildren.